We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International arrivals

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
International arrivals

At Zurich airport, we are arriving on Delta from Atlanta (8 am) and my 70 year old mother is arriving on United from DC around (8:15 am). How is the easiest way to meet up with my mother so she does not get lost in the shuffle. Can we meet her at her United gate? Or, does Zurich funnel everyone into one international customs area? Or, are their more than one customs areas. Thank you for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich Airport
Zurich Airport
Zurich, Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,046 Reviews
from $163.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
363 Reviews
from $251.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,052 Reviews
from $251.20*
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,347 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International arrivals

As far as I know there is only one luggage claim area after the immigration control, so you might meet up there or in the general arrival area exit, right after the customs.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International arrivals

Hi Miraloma,

I believe that all US flights arrive at Dock E, and that all passengers are moved to the same customs & immigration area. You can check the arrival gates specifically at www.zurich-airport.com and then look under "Your Flight" for "Arrivals."

Here's a link to a map of Dock E:

http://tinyurl.com/fybdg

I recommend you select one of the bars (Albenblick, News Bar, or Cafe Veranda) to meet at, then go to & through immigration & customs together. Your luggage will be at different carousels in the customs area, but just meet again before leaving customs (one hallway).

Once you leave customs, it's a zoo, with streams of visitors and departing passengers rushing by. Really try to meet before exiting customs.

Good luck!

s

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,179 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International arrivals

Hi, you can check with the airline websites for the arrival gates - I suggest you watch at which gates the same flights arrived over a few days to see if there is much of a change (unlikely) and then work from there on a meeting plan. Also, you can contact United and ask them for advice as your Mom is their passenger and they will be interested in seeing that she is okay. You might also try contacting the airport via their website and asking them for advice. I find all in the Swiss travel industry to be extremely helpful when I e-mail questions and there's no problem using English. Zurich is a wonderful airport so I bet there's a solution once you get in touch with the right people or website.

Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International arrivals

Thanks to all for the help.