We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer with twin 7 y.o. girls

Princeton NJ
7 posts
Save Topic
Summer with twin 7 y.o. girls

Looking for some advice for a nice Zurich hotel - but not a crazy expensive hotel. It is for myself/wife and twin girls for a short visit after we arrive from Lake Orta where my brother is getting married.

Last time in Zurich was before the kids were born and hotel was cheap, noisy and no AC - that would not work this time I think! Much thanks for any advice. WOuld like to spend less than 300 CHF per night.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
589 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer with twin 7 y.o. girls

Hi!

We are traveling to Zurich with our 3 kids this August and I wanted to tell you about an idea I got from this forum for a fun place to bring your kids to. It's a water park right outside of Zurich called Alpemare. Their website is www.alpamare.ch It seems you can reach it easily by bus or train. It's a break from sightseeing for all. As far as hotels - after much research I booked the Marriott. Most of the other hotels were not airconditioned. You might be able to fit 4 in a room for under 300CHF at the Marriott. Check out their website - www.marriott.com We had to take 2 rooms because we are 5 not 4. Good luck and have a fun trip!

Princeton NJ
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer with twin 7 y.o. girls

Sleep7

Thanks for the info.

I think the waterpark sounds great as we will be at the end of a 2 week trip from Italy and the Lakes and the kids will enjoy much.

The Marriot maybe the answer - every nice hotel off the Bahnhofstrasse doesn't seem to support more than 3 peoples per room.

Perhaps I'll hide one kid in the luggage :)

Have a good trip.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer with twin 7 y.o. girls

I stayed at the Hotel Adler with my husband and young son. Even thought we were only 3, the bed my son slept in could have easily accommodated 2 kids. If push came to shove and you needed the kids to have their "own" beds, they could take the 2 singles that my husband and I slept in (most beds there seem to be 3 singles pushed together to make a "king" size bed) and you could take the sofabed.

The room was 401 and it was HUGE - if we needed a cot for another bed, it would easily have fit that. It's also within your price need - 250 CHF per night, at least in December 2005. The only caveat is that the hotel is on a busy street, and even though this is a courtyard facing room, I couldn't vouch for how quiet it would be in the summer. We had no problems, and it was a lovely experience.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer with twin 7 y.o. girls

sorry late for me -- most beds seem to be 2 singles pushed together, not 3!

Princeton NJ
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer with twin 7 y.o. girls

gambader

thanks for the info, I'll give that a try too.

VDC

Georgia
Level Contributor
91 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer with twin 7 y.o. girls

We didn't have our kids with us, but my husband and I stayed at the Marriott in late October - very nice. Many people complain that it is too business-like, but we thought it was just fine. Of course, we were using Marriott points, so it was free. Our kids would have been happy there (they are preschoolers and easy-going). They have a pool, are just a short-walk from the train-station and any trams.

Happy travels!

Heidi

Princeton NJ
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer with twin 7 y.o. girls

Thanks again. I booked the Marriott.