We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss rail pass-Hald fare card

london
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Swiss rail pass-Hald fare card

My wife and me are taking a hliday in Switzerland in August, travelling Zurich > Lucerne > St Moritz or Davos> Glacier Express > Zermatt > Interlaken > Zurich - all in 7 days. Is it worth 2 adults purchasing swiss passes? Does this give discount in Glacier express? Would be very grateful for your opinions. Any advice on Lucerne, St Moritz, Davos, Zermatt and interlaken > 3 star hotels? Best wishes

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swiss rail pass-Hald fare card

With such a lot of travelling a Swiss Pass is recomended its is good for side trips and is very flexible. The Glacier Express requires reservations and supplements but the extra fare is dependant on which train you take and wether or not you have a meal on board. check out www.swisstravelsystem.co.uk www.glacierexpress.ch

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,219 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swiss rail pass-Hald fare card

Hi DevKamal,

You haven't asked for this opinion, but I'll give it anyway -- in the hopes that it might improve your trip.

After visiting St. Moritz/Davos and then Zermatt, you don't need to go to Interlaken. I think it would be better to stay longer in your other two mountain destinations and see a bit more; stroll some Alpine trails, find an Alpine restaurant, gaze over a glacial lake. I think you would enjoy that more than making another long journey to yet another mountain destination. You would have more time actually in the mountains if you simply stayed put!

There are good connections from Zermatt to Zürich, so that would be an easy and quick end to your Swiss jaunt.

Have fun!

s

london
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swiss rail pass-Hald fare card

Hi Swandav

That is a very sensible suggestion. Many thanks. I am altering my travel plans accordingly

Best wishes

DK

4. Re: Swiss rail pass-Hald fare card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 03, 2009