We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Zurich for 12 hours - Any Recommendations?

Boston
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
In Zurich for 12 hours - Any Recommendations?

Hey,

On June 24th my wife and I will be in Zurich for 12 hours on a layover. We want to leave the hotel and see a couple of things but not sure what. We can probably only see a few things so I wanted to get some suggestions on the best stuff to do. We're 28 with no kids and prefer the less touristy stuff.

-Idan

Gray Line Zurich
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Best of Switzerland Tours
City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Zurich Tourist Information – Offizielle Stadtfuhrungen
Visitor Centers, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours
Foxtrail Zurich
Sightseeing Tours
NJ
Level Contributor
8 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Zurich for 12 hours - Any Recommendations?

I found most unique experience in Zürich eating the place called "Blinde Cue"- Blind Cow. All servers, cooks, and support staff are either vision empaiered or blind! Cashier is the only person who can see

( naturally). All windows are closed shut, no lights, and you have to give up any thing which may provide any form of light - cell phones, watches, etc. The place is usually booked well in advance, as it has a lot of interest from visitors ( although it is not officially advertised in the guide books). Check their website and call ahead to make reservations for lunch or dinner ( lunch is easer to arrange on the short notice). Enjoy!

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Zurich for 12 hours - Any Recommendations?

Take the Dolderbahn rack railway up to the park and residential area in the heights of residential Zurich, you will come across the newly renovated five star Dolder Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Dolderbahn
Dolderbahn
138 Reviews
Zurich, Switzerland
3. Re: In Zurich for 12 hours - Any Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, October 01, 2009