We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping in heathrow Duty free or Zurich airport duty free?

Tehran
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
shopping in heathrow Duty free or Zurich airport duty free?

Hi,

would you please kindly compare shopping perfumes, beauty products and chocolates in heathrow and zurich airport? Both Variety and price will be important.

thank you

Hauptbahnhof
Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Sihlcity
Shopping Malls
Jelmoli
Department Stores
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,963 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping in heathrow Duty free or Zurich airport duty free?

Hi, I haven't been in the Heathrow duty free for some years but I can tell you that you won't find the chocolates there that you will find in the Zurich duty free! I don't buy beauty products or perfume at duty free in Europe because, frankly, they are usually cheaper here in the shops. But Swiss chocolate....well, that's another thing! The prices have never appeared to me to be very much less, however, than they are in Zurich and I have to carry the stuff I buy in duty free so I usually just buy in Zurich and then I can pack it in my checked bags. If you want to use the duty free in Zurich, it is massive and you'll find everything you want there, I'm sure. -

Europe
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping in heathrow Duty free or Zurich airport duty free?

Hi,

I think prices will be approx. the same in Heathrow and Zurich; the only difference is in variety.

Perfumes and beauty products: choose Heathrow

Chocolates: definitely Zurich.

Have a good airport-shopping time!

3. Re: shopping in heathrow Duty free or Zurich airport duty free?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 27, 2009