We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Star Restaurants

sydney
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
5 Star Restaurants

Can anyone give recommendations for top of the range big splurge restaurants in Zurich?

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Star Restaurants

Best restaurants of town are IMO the following three: Rigiblick/Spice (above town with great views), Sein (around the corner from Bahnhofstrasse) and Mesa (not far from downtown). In addition there is the Kronenhalle, where you can leave your money, but there you pay more for the reputation and the art hanging on the walls as for the good food.

The best and most expensive restaurant of all is outside of Zurich, in Kuesnacht. Its name is Petermanns Kunststuben and it's regarded as one of the very best in Switzerland.

sydney
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Star Restaurants

That you for your response, much appreciated. How far "out of town" is the latter mentioned restaurant? How far by taxi from the city centre?

sydney
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Star Restaurants

One further question Oller (I hope not too dumb). Do the restaurants you mention have English language menus or only French and German?

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Star Restaurants

I found this link through the google search engine !

www.bownsbest.com/petermannkunststuben.html

sydney
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Star Restaurants

Thank you hiker! People can be so kind.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 Star Restaurants

Kuesnacht is about 6 km from Zurich downtown. You could go there by train, but I guess you can afford a taxi if you plan to eat at the Kunststuben ;)

Sorry, I don't know about the menu in english - I suppose you ask the restaurants directly.

7. Re: 5 Star Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 26, 2009