We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking directions from train station to Marriott Hotel?

Level Contributor
129 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Walking directions from train station to Marriott Hotel?

Hello!

My husband and I are going to Zurich on April 8th. Would be very grateful if someone can guide us on how to get to Marriott Hotel after getting off the Main Train Station, Zurich HB.Can we purchase tickets with credit cards? What is the cost for train tickets?

I love looking for "landmarks" (stores, church, etc..) which helps me go towards the right direction.

THANKS!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,794 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking directions from train station to Marriott Hotel?

There are no real walking directions. You get out of the main hall and see the Marriott - the tall building across the river.

Level Contributor
129 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking directions from train station to Marriott Hotel?

Thank you very much for letting me know to look for the structure! Best, Sharon

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking directions from train station to Marriott Hotel?

the train from the airport to the main station is 6CHF per person for a 2nd class ticket (you have to sit in areas marked with a "2" on the outside/inside) and you can pay by credit card. when you come out of the main train station, head towards the river and when you see it, and look across to your left. you should see the marriott sign. it's about a 3-4 block walk.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,334 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking directions from train station to Marriott Hotel?

Hi, there's more than one way out of the station so thought I'd chime in with a bit more info - stand with your back to the tracks and walk the length of the station so that you exit at the far end. There you will see a tram stop, looking ahead and to the right a Co-op grocery store and the bridge is just past the Co-op but don't cross the street (the Co-op is on the other side). Just walk ahead and you'll see the Marriott on your left as you cross the river. It's maybe 200 yds to get from the station to the other side of the river - flat walk with some rough areas for bags - tram tracks, etc. but not really rough.

As you walk through the station, take a look at what I have now determined is probably one of the best pieces of public building art! It's whimsical and brings a smile to my face every time I see it - just look up and on the left. I'll say no more.

5. Re: Walking directions from train station to Marriott Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 24, 2009