We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about Zurich,Lucerne and of course chocolate

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BROOKLYN
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions about Zurich,Lucerne and of course chocolate

I am in Zurich for about 2 1/2 days (Arrive Friday at 4pm into the airport, depart by train that Monday) so I wanted to know is it worth it to take one of those days and go to Lucerne? Or should I just focus on seeing Zurich for those 2+ days.

I would like to see the Alps, is a tour bus a good idea or just get onto the mass transit and go on my own? I am not one to take guided tours etc because I feel some of the best things I have found on trips are usually places that were just off the beaten path or not advertised as much.

Finally I won't be ale to tour Lindt since they are closed weekends, any other good chocolate factory tours?

BROOKLYN
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A few questions about Zurich,Lucerne and of course chocolate

yeah the tour is 8.5 hours with "5 hours to go on your own and explore Lucerne" So the other 3.5 hours is going there, coming back and the hotel pick ups and drop offs along the way.

I need a $48 bus for that? I'd much rather see Zürich's mass transit system and be around the people than tourists and go at my own rate. Thanks for the help.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
592 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A few questions about Zurich,Lucerne and of course chocolate

Yes, if you're from Brooklyn, you will be VERY impressed with the Swiss trains! Easy to use, clean, and on time! Just go have fun!

13. Re: A few questions about Zurich,Lucerne and of course chocolate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 20, 2009