We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant tip please

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
75 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant tip please

Taking my wife to zurich in November, could do with some recommendations for restaurants in the enge/seefield.city area. Staying for two nights so perhaps something more traditionally swiss and something international. Have previously tried the Churchi, bit too touristee for me, somebody has suggested the Liguria,

Zurich
Level Contributor
250 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant tip please

Never ate in Liguria myself but also has been recommended to me by a colleague. For Swiss food you could try Bünderstube Mövenpick (specialities from the East part of Switzerland), Kronenhalle (famous but on the very expensive side), Le Dezaley (for me the best cheese fondue in town) and my favorite for Friday lunch Zeughauskeller (a bit noisy but excellent traditional meat and sausage dishes). For the international part I would suggest places like Kaufleuten (very busy place but serving excellent food for years), Seerose (not the best food but excellent location directly on the lake), Blu (Italian food also directly on the lake), Latino (another Italian in Seefeld area) or Satori (for the best Sushi in town).

Cheers,

bowmore

England
Level Contributor
75 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant tip please

thanks

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
46 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant tip please

My favorite restaurant (and night spot after 10pm) in the Seefeld area is Pur Pur. It has a variety of cuisine in a fun setting.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant tip please

Well, there are restaurants where you go for the food and others you choose because of the athmosphere. Many of the previously mentionned places (like Seerose, Purpur or Kaufleuten) are hip and trendy, but don't offer the best food IMO. Kronenhalle is terribly overpriced only regarding the food, but then there is its history with many worldfamous artists or politicans who ate there and the important original paintings on the walls. For some people this is worth the extra money, for others not - you just have to know about that. At the Liguria finally I ate twice and was disappointed both times. I think they can't satisfy their own claims as the food is only average and the staff tends to be on the arrogant side. Others may think different, but this is my personal opinion.

If you are more interested in the food, I could recommend in Seefeld area for instance the restaurant Gandria (Italian, but with many not so known regional specialities) or Freieck (very small, on the expensive side, but great international dishes).

England
Level Contributor
75 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant tip please

Thanks for the tips

6. Re: restaurant tip please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 11, 2009