We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short term luggage storage

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Short term luggage storage

We will be travelling through Zurich railway station a couple of days before Christmas and I would really like to spend a little time enjoying the market. Is it possible to store our luggage at the station for a few hours? I know many locations have ceased luggage storage for security risk reasons.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,851 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short term luggage storage

>Is it possible to store our luggage at the station for a few hours?

There are automatic lockers in alls izes in the basement of the station.

>I know many locations have ceased luggage storage for security risk reasons.

Not in Switzerland.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,384 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short term luggage storage

Hi, the lockers are located close to the toilets on the first floor down from the main platforms. You can take the escalators located in front of the large ticket office on the main floor down to the locker level. You'll need coins for the lockers - as I recall, 1 franc coins work and the lockers were 2-5 francs each depending on size.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short term luggage storage

Thanks for this folks

Thank heavens that there are still some places that provide services like this.

Sorry for another question - but do you think that the locker size would accommodate a large suitcase?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,851 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short term luggage storage

how large is a large suitcase?

If it is not so large that you could use it as awalk-in closet, it shouldn´t be a problem.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,384 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short term luggage storage

Hi, if your case doesn't fit in a locker, there is a baggage room on the main floor - go to the SBB ticket office and ask for directions to the baggage office. It's around the back of the main "mall" area of the station but I can't remember which way to go. I'll have to look in February as this comes up regularly!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short term luggage storage

Thank you both again

BTW - the bag has to be walk in wardrobe size to fit all the friends who are threatening to hitch a ride in our bags - Xmas is Europe is so very different from Xmas here.

Thanks again!

7. Re: Short term luggage storage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 09, 2009