We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage Storage in Zurich airport?

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage Storage in Zurich airport?

Hello,

I have a 5 day stopover in Switzerland entry/exit in Zurich. So I have a some suitcases that I don't want to keep with me while I roam around. Can I store these some place in the Zurich airport? Do they allow this? Please share any info you might have.

RDG

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage Storage in Zurich airport?

Hi, here's a link to the baggage services in English at Zurich Airport.

www.zurich-airport.com/ZRH/…

If you find out you won't be able to leave your bags there for 5 days, you could have them sent to one of your destinations on Swiss Rail, and then send them back to the airport no later than two days before you need to collect them for checking in for your flight. Also, there is a baggage storage at the main train station in Zurich so you could take your bags there and leave them.

I've used shipping on Swiss Rail quite a bit and my bags are always at the next place when I get there. I haven't heard any tales nor have I seen any that I recall here on TA about bags shipped on Swiss Rail.

Hope this helps.

Dallas
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage Storage in Zurich airport?

Kileysmom,

I have checked the link you had sent and in there it lists that the maximum storage is 3 months. However the prices are pretty expensive. per bad per day is 12 CHF. I have 4 bags to store 4 days. That's comes to be very expensive.

You also mentioned the main train station. Do you know how far this is from the airport? And how much they charge etc?

Thanks for the help

RDG

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage Storage in Zurich airport?

Hi, the main train station is about 10 minutes by train and the trains go every10 minutes. You can look at the Swiss Rail website (www.sbb.ch/en) for stations and services.

Hope this helps.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage Storage in Zurich airport?

Hi, did you see that it goes down to 7 SF for days 2-4? I think that would be a total of 132SF or about $110.

5. Re: Baggage Storage in Zurich airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 08, 2009