We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which are the hotels near central rail station?

Singapore
Level Contributor
238 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which are the hotels near central rail station?

Which are the good, 4 star (and above) hotels near the central railway station? Within walking distance.

Any recommendations? :)

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,220 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which are the hotels near central rail station?

Hi LittleMay,

Sorry I don't have any personal recommendations for you because I usually stay in a Zurich suburb --

But I can direct you to this website:

www.zuerich.com

If you go to the "Hotels and accommodation" page, then click on "Hotels Zurich," you'll be able to do a search by neighborhood. Just use "Zurich Center" as your location to find a hotel.

I also want to add that 4-star hotels in Zurich are waaaaay expensive, think about 300 chf and up per night. There are plenty of great 3-star hotels that you may want to consider.

Good luck!

s

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which are the hotels near central rail station?

Just opposite the railway station there is Hotel Schweizerhof. Across the river (5 min. walking) you find the Central Plaza. Both are 4star hotels, mainly used by business travellers.

Within 10-15min. walking there are the 4stars Glockenhof (off Bahnhofstrasse), Wellenberg (in Niederdorf, the part of old town with lots of restaurants, bars and small shops) or Helmhaus (in old town too but in a quieter part, gets good reviews on TA).

If you are willing to spend some more money there is the fantastic 5star Widder, consisting of several historic buildings combined with modern architecture (again 10-15 min. from train station).

3. Re: Which are the hotels near central rail station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 04, 2009