We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Zurich in May

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rsl
paris
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in Zurich in May

Travelling to zurich for the first time along with parents in law in the first week of may.not sure about weather conditions since we will be driving from france.Any suggestions ? Can someone also share the experience at jungfraujoch ?

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Zurich in May

Have a look at

http://www.weatherbase.com/

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Zurich in May

And also

http://www.worldweather.org/087/c00312.htm

rsl
paris
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Zurich in May

Thanks for the links.

Zurich
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Zurich in May

Hi,

it's May 2nd today and temperatures reach around 28 Celcius today, which is quiet warm for this time of the year.

I would say that as for Zurich area anything around 20c (70s)

is normal, but be prepared for the occasional ups and downs.

As for the Jungfraujoch, it's a must see if you have the chance!

rsl
paris
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Zurich in May

Thanks zurichGuru !

I guess the temperature is more or less like Paris.This weekend and today, its been amazingly hot ! I prefer hotter temp than cold.But from meteo.ch, the temp this weekend are forecasted around 18 deg, which should be okies, i guess.

I am amazed at the troubles Zurich tourism takes to respond to queries by mail and snailmail.

Must be nice to live there, no ?!

Zurich
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Zurich in May

True, Zurich weather resembles the one in Paris. Zurich is certainly an attractive location to live. Been voted as the city with the worlds highest quality of life by Mercer Consulting.

However, what is "quality of life" for one is not quality of life for someone else. Zurich lacks the grandeur of Paris or London and lacks the Harbour of Sydney or Hong Kong. But it's still a very cosmopolitan city with nice shops and restaurants all set in a beautiful landscape.

rsl
paris
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Zurich in May

To each city, its own charm...other cities dont claim a magnificent backdrop of the Alps and a lake either...more on the impressions after i am back :)

bern
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Zurich in May

Hello,

I just wanted to agree with the claim that the Jungfraujoch is worth the effort. I have only been there the once but thought it was marvellous. The journey is spectacular and when you get there, it's even better. It is weather dependant though. From all accounts you should make sure you choose a clear day. If your schedule allows it, a hike in the Grindelwald Valley, of which there are many, would also be a good thing to do on the same day, perhaps on the return journey. You can get a 'wanderkarte' (hiking map) for free almost anywhere in Grindelwald but certainly at the tourist office at the sports centre. I personally like the Leiterweg from Restaurant Milchbach but you would need at least 2 1/2 hours from Grindelwald to the end of the trail and back.

Have a nice time,

cheers

Robert

rsl
paris
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Zurich in May

heyy Robert,

Nice to hear from you again ! I have heard so much about jungfraujoch tht i am almost pressed to guilt for not being able to cover it this time.The pictures are breathtaking, i can only imagine how awesome it must look like for real.And in keeping with your suggestions,we will choose a clear weather to benefit the most.

Like i said earlier, this is not our only visit to the swiss, hopefully.So for the next one, we will tour the bernese oberland, interlaken and junfraujoch and prolly get in touch with you for your tour to the emmental.I am partial to gruyere and prefer to call it 'tom & jerry' cheese ! :)