We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Zurich be missed?

algarve
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can Zurich be missed?

I��m going to Switzerland in June via Zurich airport. Because I have only 4 full days to spend i have no intention of staying or touring the area because i prefer to go to bernese oberland region as an nature addicted. I have an early return flight (9.45) and i was thinking of taking an early train from Bern. Is there any attraction that deserves one stay in zurich (with a possible 3-4 hours tour?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Zurich be missed?

Zurich is a beautiful city and is easy to tour on foot. The lake is beautiful as well. You might be able to take a tour on the lake and see the layout which I highly recommend if you want to relax and take in the area (beautiful hills are the surroundings.)

I personally don't think Zurich is all too exciting, but nature is everywhere in Switzerland in general. There is a lot of shopping near the train station with many upscale hotels and shops.

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,754 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Zurich be missed?

absolutely NONE!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Zurich be missed?

To add,

I prefer Lucern area over Interlaken. As well, you might find it more likely to rain in Zurich and less in a few other areas more south. Suisse Romande is best for that in the summer time for the lack of rain..