We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling around zurich

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midlands, England
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travelling around zurich

I am staying in the swissotel zurich at the end of june for 10 days and wondered which ticket/passes would be the best.

I have looked on http://www.zvv.ch/_tourist_e/tickets.asp. Which area does zone 10 cover as it isnt clear on the map. I will mainly be travelling from oerlikon to zurich hb most days.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,187 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling around zurich

Hi, I just stayed at the Swissotel (loved it) and travelled back and forth to the city center - it was about 7 1/2 Swiss francs for a day ticket that included everything - so about 3 pounds per day. The station is literally across the street from the hotel and the trains are every few minutes.

Be sure to take advantage of the pool on the top floor!

Hope this helps.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling around zurich

Zone 10 covers the whole city of Zurich. This means that you can use trains, trams, busses and boats as you like as long as you don't cross the city border. Oerlikon is still within the city border.

If you travel from Oerlikon to Zurich (either by tram or by train) you can choose between a oneway ticket (valid 1 hour) for CHF 3.90 or a day card for CHF 7.80.

3. Re: travelling around zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, August 28, 2009