We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Zurich Train Stn - Woman traveling alone

Lexington, South...
Level Contributor
52 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Zurich Train Stn - Woman traveling alone

I will only be in Zurich for one night, arriving from Lugano at around 3pm, and then I have to get to the airport the next day. What hotel would you suggest I stay in near the train station. Currently I have a reservation at both the Hyatt Zurich and the Baur au Lac however, I think it may slow me down by getting to these hotels, which are closer to the waterfront. I have never been to Zurich and I want to spend the short time I have there exploring the neighborhoods. I thought maybe a nice, clean, safe, and charming hotel closer to the train station may be better. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Lori

Ann Arbor, MI
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Zurich Train Stn - Woman traveling alone

Try the Bristol Hotel (www.hotelbristol.ch). It's about a 5-minute walk from the train station and in a quiet, safe part of town. It's affordable, but nothing fancy. Accommodations are modest and rooms are small, but it's clean, staff is friendly and it's well located near Altstadt (old town), the river and shopping. I always stay there when in Zurich and have always had a good experience.

canada
Level Contributor
7,798 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Zurich Train Stn - Woman traveling alone

You are asking for the Widder, in the middle of the shops on Bahnhofstrasse as well as on the edge of the old town. About 7 min walk from the train station, but I suppose they expect you to arrive in higher style.

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,104 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Zurich Train Stn - Woman traveling alone

Am I right: You have reservations in two hotels and you are looking for some other hotels to book? How many hotels do you intend to book and cancel again? Is this your usual way of travelling?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,989 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Zurich Train Stn - Woman traveling alone

>How many hotels do you intend to book and cancel again? Is this your usual way of travelling?

With such people reserving dozens of hotels and cancelling at the last minute, little wonder that so many other travellers complain about not finding an affordble hotel... and the hotels go out of business.

well done, grandtraveler.

5. Re: Hotel near Zurich Train Stn - Woman traveling alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 21, 2009