We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week holiday from Feb 1, based in Winterthur

Which Winterthur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
1 week holiday from Feb 1, based in Winterthur

My daughter(age 12) and I would have to explore switzerland on our own while hubby is having business meetings in Winterthur from Feb 2.

Hubby is available on Feb 1(Sun) so we plan to go to Mount Jungfrau that day.

* what swiss pass should I buy for my 5 days' transport? Looks like the 5 day flexi pass is cheapest for me as my daughter will get to travel free. What about for my hubby's on Feb 1 only? We will arrive at 11pm on 31 Jan so will probably take a cab to hotel.

* Seen the good reviews in Lake Geneva, but I am still trying to figure out exactly how to get there. Is it the same as Geneva?

* any recommendation on where to visit for the next 4 days? Guidance as to how to get to the places of interest will be greatly appreciated.

* is there anything I should be aware when travelling with a kid?

Thanks!

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,092 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week holiday from Feb 1, based in Winterthur

Hi queenie98,

1. Before you know which pass you ought to buy, you need to price out each of your train journeys to see if the pass will save you any money. Once you know where you want to go, you can get the train schedules and prices at the Swiss rail site,

www.rail.ch

2. Yes, Lake Geneva lies at the foot of the city of Geneva. The towns of Vevey and Montreux and the city of Lausanne also lie at the lake. You get there by taking the train to one of those towns/cities.

3. Where are you thinking of? Do you want to see lakes, mountains, rolling hills? Do you want museums? What does your daughter like to do? Basically, I think Luzern, Basel, and Bern would be good choices for you from Winterthur.

Let us know as your plans progress and we may be able to help more!

s

2. Re: 1 week holiday from Feb 1, based in Winterthur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Winterthur
More Winterthur Topics