We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency Exchange

miami, florida
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Currency Exchange

Will be in Zurich for 2 days. I have researched this topic, but found no recent answers. How do you get the best rate for exchange to Swiss Francs? Some old posts say the ATM machine, is this still the case? Are there any ATMs I should avoid for safety reasons? Thanks for your answers.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,078 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency Exchange

Hi, I'n not sure what search terms you use but this topic is discussed several times a week! Your best exchange rate is using a debit card at an ATM. Be sure to check any fees your bank may charge and shop around a bit for the lowest fee or no fee. Even with fees, you will likely do better than at a bank, certainly better than at an exchange kiosk! Also be sure to let your bank know that you are traveling (all credit cards as well) so that they don't suspect fraud and block the transaction.

2. Re: Currency Exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 05, 2014