We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

So we already booked our room and went with the ibis budget Zürich City West since it's only a layover for the night.

But now that i'm trying to figure it out it doesn't seem so easy... how difficult is it to travel to the hotel from the airport?

Does anyone have the specific train stops, etc?

London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

It's not that easy - but nothing's that hard in Zurich. It's 500m or so from Hardbruecke station. Train journeys are 11 mins but only twice an hour (direct) from the airport. You can get details on www.sbb.ch. Zurich airport to Zurich Hardbruecke. Not the nicest part of Zurich - particularly that station. But safe in the wider scheme of things.

If you take a taxi, it will cost about the same as the hotel room and you might as well stay closer to the airport.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

Oh no that is not what I wanted to hear!

We have a whole day to spend in Zurich as well so I was hoping it was a good location to go around.

Would it be best to cancel this hotel and book near the airport? The only problem is a lot of the hotels are not in our budget.

USA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

How much do you want to spend a night maximum?

4. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:13 am, May 05, 2013
5. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:07 am, July 12, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

Thank you Maja that explains it a bit more for me! From what I had read before it didn't seem dangerous, the crowds I can deal with. I would still be able to get to the Main Zurich center easily though from here, correct?

The 2 departing times a day for the hotel is the only thing that still concerns me. I think we should still be alright though as long as we give ourselves plenty of time.

For the hotel we didn't want to spend more than $130 and I know that from what it sounds like this hotel is just the basics, and I am fine with that. We are just sleeping there so 5 stars is not necessary. But I do want to make the early trip back to the airport as soon as possible.

We are really excited to see Zurich so I definitely want to make it all a positive experience. :)

Ps. Thank you for the other link for the transportation as well, it makes it a lot clearer!

Edited: 2:14 pm, February 11, 2013
London
Destination Expert
for Verbier
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

It's not dangerous but it's not Heidi Land. It is a vibrant urban regenerated area. Just not what you may expect when you think of Zurich as a tourist. Zurich is very safe - but if you are too laid back as a tourist in the main stations of Zurich, it is possible to lose your wallet (I speak from experience....)

Ibis is definitely a good way to go if you want cheap and clean in Zurich.

Edited: 2:22 pm, February 11, 2013
8. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

Removed on: 4:07 am, July 12, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

Thank you again for the responses! I think getting to the city center should be fairly easy, so thank you for that! I guess it's only to and from the airport that seem most confusing. Mostly because of the transfers. It looks like we need to take a tram and a bus?

We will be arriving on Monday and leaving Tuesday so at least the weekend crowd won't be an issue.

Thanks for the head's up JT14! We try to be pretty cautious in any public place but it's always good to be reminded.

10. Re: Airport to Hotel, easy travel?

Removed on: 11:13 am, May 05, 2013
Edited: 11:13 am, May 05, 2013