We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One full day in Montreux

Which Montreux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
370 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
One full day in Montreux

Hi, am spending Wednesday 10th October in Montreux. Plan on doing the lakeside walk to the Chateau in the morning, then would like to do a boat cruise in the afternoon. Is there a boat that leaves from the Chateau that would take an hour or two to get back to Montreux? Thanks.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,109 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One full day in Montreux

Hi Cohunagirl,

I love the vineyards in the Fall. If I were you, I would take the ferry from Chillon and go all the way to Lutry, passing the vineyards along the way. That trip will take about two hours, then you just take the train back to Montreux.

The ferries run on a reduced schedule in the Fall, so you may have to check to see if there is one at the time you want to go. You can see the schedules at

www.cgn.ch

Have fun as you plan!

s

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,109 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One full day in Montreux

Hi again,

The Fall ferry schedule will probably be identical to the Spring schedule. I just took a look at it, and it looks like the best one to catch would leave Chillon at 13.35 and arrive at Lutry at 15.02. You could stroll through Lutry (my favorite Lavaux town), then walk to the train station and catch the train at 15.39 or 16.06 or 16.39 or 17.06 (. . . . etc) back to Montreux. The train trip will take 20 minutes. I think that would be your best bet.

Have fun!

s

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
370 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One full day in Montreux

Thank you S, that will fill in my afternoon perfectly , just what I was looking for. P.S. I find the website confusing, the home page is in English, and then when I go onto the timetable it is in Swiss (with no English icon to click on).

Edited: 4:31 am, March 04, 2012
Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One full day in Montreux

This pdf document has English 'Explanation of symbols'.

cgn.ch/horaires/pdf/AffA2-printemps-12_versi…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
370 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One full day in Montreux

Thanks swissaholic

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,109 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One full day in Montreux

Right -- you just need to click on the pdf.

s

7. Re: One full day in Montreux

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:40 am, June 18, 2013