We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

could any one suggest a hotel in montreux? thanks

Which Montreux hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
taiwan
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
could any one suggest a hotel in montreux? thanks

could any one suggest a hotel in montreux?

not too expence

near rail way station

thanks in advance

ft.lauderdale...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: could any one suggest a hotel in montreux? thanks

Royal Plaza Hotel in Montreux was four star and it was cheaper to book thru a travel agent here in the states that uses a wholesaler.Also ,they will try to put you in a small room on the first floor with no view. Tell them "that room is unacceptable!" and tell them you would like to be on a high floor overlooking the water with sunset view preferably.

My husband cringes when I do that .UNTIL he get's to the room. Always twice the size and much nicer

ft.lauderdale...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: could any one suggest a hotel in montreux? thanks

Royal Plaza Hotel in Montreux was four star and it was cheaper to book thru a travel agent here in the states that uses a wholesaler.Also ,they will try to put you in a small room on the first floor with no view. Tell them "that room is unacceptable!" and tell them you would like to be on a high floor overlooking the water with sunset view preferably.

My husband cringes when I do that .UNTIL he get's to the room. Always twice the size and much nicer

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: could any one suggest a hotel in montreux? thanks

could you please tell me the name of the travel agent you used in the states? thank you!

Switzerland
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: could any one suggest a hotel in montreux? thanks

Whenever you're going to plan a trip or vacation - have a look on www.globalhotelindex.com - it's a Swiss based international travel-platform providing detailed hotel information (phone, mail, web-link) with the possibility for direct bookings.

Also many other information like visa rules, public transport, flights, etc. can be found there. It's one source where travellers can find all the needed information. With this direct contact you can easy send a personal request directly to the hotel and ask for a big size bed, aircondition, etc.

Hotel Villa Toscane should be close to the trainstation - approximately 10 walking minutes.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,067 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: could any one suggest a hotel in montreux? thanks

Hi billyhsi,

Hope this post isn't too late for your trip!

But the Royal Plaza Hotel (www.royalplaza.ch) is and has been a five-star for some time now. In addition to the Palace, it's one of the most expensive hotels there.

For a budget traveller, you should look at the two-star La Rouvenaz (actually a restaurant with some rooms above), or the three-star Hotel Splendid (www.hotel-splendid.ch).

There is a very nice three-star that is very popular called the Masson (www.hotelmasson.ch), but it is about two miles from the train station.

Alternately, you could stay in Vevey, nearby.

Hope this helps.

s

Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: could any one suggest a hotel in montreux? thanks

I think that the most comprehensive Montreux site is a fairly new one which has just about all of the online hotels listed. Try www.HotelsOfMontreux.com.

Ian