We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant choices in Lausanne or Morges

Louisville
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant choices in Lausanne or Morges

We'll be spending some time in Lausanne and visiting friends in nearby Morges. I am looking for some good suggestions for a nice dinner - prefer places with local ambience and menu's. Suggestions?

London, UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant choices in Lausanne or Morges

Won't your friends in Morges know the best places?

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant choices in Lausanne or Morges

Do your friends have a car? If so, let me know and I can tell you about a couple of places that would impress your friends (about half an hour's drive) in a "little place I know" sort of way. My Dad once totally dazzled some colleagues at a work conference by taking them to a teeny place up in the mountains. Fun.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,245 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant choices in Lausanne or Morges

Hi BISI,

You're in for a reat treat -- Morges is a really captivating town. I totally fell in love with it!

I had a wonderful lunch at the restaurant of the small Hotel Trois Couronnes right on the cobbled, pedestrian street. I had heard that it is a favorite of locals, and in fact it was full of people who knew one another and conversed among themselves. It was a really hearty experience.

But, unfortunately, I can't find any info about the hotel or the restaurant at this time. I went to the Morges site, and both have disappeared off the TI lists.

I hope you can find it!

s

4. Re: Restaurant choices in Lausanne or Morges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, September 13, 2009