We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Weather

Which Lausanne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
219 posts
269 reviews
Save Topic
April Weather

I will be spending three days in the Lausanne area in mid April. What kind of weather should I expect - sun, rain, snow; temperatures that time of year? Winter clothes or Spring clothes?

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: April Weather

"What kind of weather should I expect - sun, rain, snow; "

All of them.

Funny you are the third asking for weather in April, but I can only repeat myself, one can hardly know what kind of weather it will be in April.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April Weather

>All of them.

Within the same hour.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
219 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April Weather

About what high daily temperature should I plan for ?

Daily High?

Nighly Low?

I guess I should not be dressing for summer? Will we need winter coats, hats, gloves?

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: April Weather

There have been Aprils in which I went out in T-Shirt and shorts one day and with jacket, pullover and jeans the next.

Hats and gloves are only used if you plan to go the mountains, or if you freeze easily.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
33,469 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April Weather

April is really unpredictable. Temps can vary from around 8c to 20+c in the day. And no, it won't be summer. It will most likely be cool and rainy. You don't need winter clothes though. Just layers. And a raincoat, good waterproof shoes and an umbrella.

6. Re: April Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 07, 2014