We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

Which Lausanne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

I am supposed to travel from bern to Geneva on 2nd May and next day suppose to leave to interlaken. I see that in Geneva the most beautiful attraction is Lake. So instead of travelling from Bern to Geneva and then go on boat, I planned to travel to Lausanne from Bern in train and then in the afternoon take the boat to Geneva.

Is my idea good?

How is the journey from Lausanne to Geneve on Boat?

I see in CGN site ("http://www.cgn.ch/horaires/pdf/AffA2-printemps-12_DEF.PDF" spring timings for Boat trips) , that the boat starts at Lausanne-Ouchy at 13.40 and then reaches Geneve-Montu Blanc at 16.55. When i search the same thing on SBB.ch , the boat connection is not being shown, thought i make the setting to display only Boat journeys. So i would like to make sure that this boat runs on 2nd May 2012.

To make the journey more interesting, i am planning to add to take a break on Yvoire. i.e

Departure : Lausanne-Ouchy at 13.40

Arrival : Yvoire at 15:08

spend more than hour in Yvoire and then

Departure : Yvoire at 16:20

Arrival: Geneve Jardin Anglais at 18:05

Then spend evening to see Geneva attractions..

I am supposing that this particular Boat trip is free with swiss pass. Hope I am correct here. Do I have to reserve any Boat trip(in this itenary )in advance ? Can anyone please confirm these timings as its quiet difficult to read the boat times in CGN.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

© against boat time selected indicates it only operates on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

Yes you are right. Was a big mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Please tell me one more thing, do we have to reserve to travel in any of the boats shown in sbb or cgn (BAT or BAV) in advance? Or is it ok to just hop on any boat journey showing my swiss pass?

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

No reservation necessary or possible.Just hop on as you would a bus. No need to show your pass. Ticket Inspectors will come round to check when the boat gets underway.

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

Thank you so much for all the help :-)

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
345 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

is there no boats between lausanne and geneva in april on a weekday?

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
33,466 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

You are here in spring and the schedule is limited which is why you are having a problem getting the times you want

Consider taking the train to geneva and then the boat to and from Yvoire

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
345 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

Thankyou Hambagahle. I will do just that.

8. Re: Lausanne to Geneva on Boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 24, 2013