We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CGN Boat with Swiss Pass

Which Lausanne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
309 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
CGN Boat with Swiss Pass

I believe I can use my swiss pass for transport on the boat from Lausanne to Montreaux, but do I need reservations on the boat?

We'll have a 1st class swiss pass but something about just going down to the dock in Lausanne and strolling on the boat with it sounds odd to me. They must have capacity issues and they're selling tickets to people, so can I just assume we'll get on?

We'll be there in mid-June, over a weekend, if that matters.

Thank you.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,772 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CGN Boat with Swiss Pass

>I believe I can use my swiss pass for transport on the boat from Lausanne to Montreaux

Yes.

>but do I need reservations on the boat?

No - not even possible!

>strolling on the boat with it sounds odd to me

Why?

>They must have capacity issues and they're selling tickets to people, so can I just assume we'll get on?

Of course you will get on. Look at this link showing the fleet and the passenger capacities.

www.cgn.ch/eng/flotte

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
309 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CGN Boat with Swiss Pass

Thanks for your reply. I didn't see the link to the boat configurations on their website. I had no idea how it worked or how big the boats were. For some reason I was picturing them as kind of small tourist boats, not large capacity ships.

3. Re: CGN Boat with Swiss Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, June 02, 2013