We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva to Lausanne Limousines

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Geneva to Lausanne Limousines

Hi, has anybody used one of the limousine transfers between Geneva Airport and Lausanne... and if so, would your recommend any one in particular?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,231 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Geneva to Lausanne Limousines

Hi MontagueMelbouirne,

I hope I'm not being offensive and insensitive when I ask why you are thinking about using a limousine?

There is a train station adjacent to the Geneva airport; trains run to Lausanne frequently. There are about three every hour that will require no changes.

It's very easy to just pile all your bags onto a trolley, and then roll the trolley right to the train tracks to begin your journey. The fare is 24 chf (12.50 with a Half Fare Card). A taxi will probably be around 100-150 chf.

Have fun!

s

australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Geneva to Lausanne Limousines

Hi we hav just returned from visiting our daughter in Lausanne. We took the train from Lausanne directly to the Geneva airport. It couldn't have been easier. So I would suggest the same in return. Check out the fares though as train travel in Switzerland is incredibly expensive if you don't have a swiss pass.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geneva to Lausanne Limousines

Thank you... i will actually be flying into Geneva via a rather long converluted way (36 hours) and need to be in Lausanne for a before wedding dinner that night, so, sleep will be important and that is why I would rather use a car...

Thank you!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,971 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Geneva to Lausanne Limousines

>sleep will be important and that is why I would rather use a car...

How much sleep do you think you will get during the 1 h ride?

Or are you just afraid that you will sleep on the train past the right stop?

5. Re: Geneva to Lausanne Limousines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 18, 2011