We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Storage Near CGN Ferry?

London, UK
Level Contributor
479 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage Storage Near CGN Ferry?

Thanks, swandav and Brynda, for answers on my other postings. One more question:

We're probably going to take the train from Montreux to Lausanne, and then a taxi (to carry our bag) down to the port to store our bag near the ferry. Is there a place at or near the CGN ferry to store luggage? It would be for a few hours mid-morning on a Monday in April.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,127 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage Storage Near CGN Ferry?

Hi SurfaceTravel,

I don't think so, not at the ferry docks. But there are lots of lockers at the train station in Lausanne -- why not store your pieces there? Why lug them down to the docks at all?

There are a lot of hotels down by the docks, so you may pop into one and ask them to hold your bags.

s

London, UK
Level Contributor
479 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage Storage Near CGN Ferry?

I forgot to mention that we will be departing by ferry, which is why I wanted them close to there. I suppose the hotels might store them if we paid a fee? That has worked in other cities before; not sure about in Switzerland.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,127 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage Storage Near CGN Ferry?

Hi again,

Yeah, I haven't ever tried it myself, but it might work. I think it would be your best option.

I looked around the CGN site and didn't see anything about storage. And I know the CGN offices & dock spaces pretty well from enjoying many, many ferries over the years -- they're usually just an enclosed office.

I've seen the Ouchy docks a few times, just changing ferries, and I can tell you it's a pretty busy place. There are a series of docks and a few cafes right there, and lots of folks milling around, on skates, walking dogs, herding children, etc.

So, yes, I think I would find a hotel at Ouchy and ask them if they would hold your bags.

Have fun!

s

London, UK
Level Contributor
479 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage Storage Near CGN Ferry?

OK, thanks again, swandav

London, UK
Level Contributor
479 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage Storage Near CGN Ferry?

We went on our trip the beginning of this month. I hadn't realised that the "centre" of Lausanne was, in fact, north of the station, so we left our bags there. We later collected them and took a taxi down to Ouchy to catch our ferry to Evian-les-Bains, France. Thanks again, all.

6. Re: Luggage Storage Near CGN Ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 26, 2009