We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accomodation near EPFL for 3 weeks

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap accomodation near EPFL for 3 weeks

I need a cheap accomodation 500-600 CHF near EPFL for 3 weeks to attend my Executive Masters in eGovernance course. Wont mind if its like 30 mins or so far from the campus. Thanks in advance - Monis

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap accomodation near EPFL for 3 weeks

Hi MonisAziz,

It's been a while since I've had to find student housing in Lausanne, but I stayed at a place called planetebleue which had a great set up. Not sure that they do such a short period of time, though I guess you could see if anyone is going on an extended leave (planetebleue.ch is the address, I think). It's a pretty quick ride to UNIL and EPFL from there.

The Lausanne tourism office does an amazing job of keeping an updated list of people renting vacation homes or even a private room in a household. You can download the most recent PDFs of those lists here, and the indicate who speaks English, etc.:

www.lausanne-tourisme.ch/view.asp…

Alternatively, you can check student postings for shared accommodations or studios and such at etudiants.ch (most of it is in french, not sure if you need help -- something "a sous-louer" (to sublet) is probably what you would want though not sure if you'll find those specific weeks.

etudiants.ch/…

If all else fails, there are always hostels (they're much nicer in Switzerland than in most places). I really liked this one, though it might be a bit more of a commute:

www.lausanne-guesthouse.ch/prixe.html#top

Hope that helps, and best of luck!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap accomodation near EPFL for 3 weeks

Many Many thanks !!

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap accomodation near EPFL for 3 weeks

No problem, glad to be of help. Come back and tell us how the trip goes! Good luck with your course.

4. Re: Cheap accomodation near EPFL for 3 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 10, 2009