We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poor experience

switzerlandtourists
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Poor experience

When we arrived there was only one small bar of soap and a roll of toilet paper with only a few strands of paper on it.

One of the lights by the bed was/is burned out.

The remote control needs a new battery; the TV comes in very fuzzy at times.

When we requested a bag of ice from the front desk, the attendant had my wife walk down and retrieve it herself.

The hours of the sauna 5-8 PM are not convenient and too restrictive.

The only weight machine in the gym is broken (specifically, you cannot do flies, a chest exercise, on it). The two rowing machines also appear dysfunctional.

The hallway leading to the fitness center elevator is dark and dirty. It presents a safety hazard. The gate leading out of the hotel on the 6th floor was also wide open, presenting another safety hazard for people from the street accessing the hotel.

Our keys did not work properly. We had to get the second key “re-keyed/re-programmed” at the front desk four times. This was annoying and inconvenient.

The air conditioning is not cool enough. When I asked the front desk to look into this, the attendant said he would but then never provided me with feedback. There was also a lot of noise in the mornings in the hallways. These two factors combined for two nights with little sleep for us.

Someone removed the Do Not Disturb sign from our room on the second day.

If this were a two star hotel, these things may be more understandable.

switzerlandtourists
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Poor experience

The hotel was the Alpha-Palmiers, a 4 star.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poor experience

hallo switzerland touriosts, I think this review belongs er...to the hotel reviews, where more poeople will see it and profit:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188107-d228148…

maybe you can repost there?

tak

3. Re: Poor experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 04, 2009