We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current conditions in zermatt

sco77harris
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Current conditions in zermatt

conditions in zermatt are currently top notch 8/10

with only a few patchy areas of ice but expected on some of the harder runs.

runs to the base are in good shape too and more snow is forecast tomorrow.

the new lifts seem to be doing a good job and even the train seems faster these days.

also the amazing restaurant at the rifflealp hotel has been expanded and makes a great place for ski lunches

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current conditions in zermatt

The Gornergrat railway last season introduced new trains in addition to doubling the track this has lead to faster journey times. I am glad you went to the Riffelalp hotel as I recently reccomened this to someone. In the summertime you can take the battery powered tram from the station to the hotels front entrance.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current conditions in zermatt

Hi - today they closed the entire Klein/Trockener Steg area due to wind and cloud, the lift from Gornergrat to Sunegga was on a liited access due to the crowds trying to get to Sunegga as the wind picked up on the Gornergrat. Sunegga was more crowded than usual and a lot of ski schools to boot. Right now the wind is blowing hard and they are predicting really lousy weather for tomorrow according to my Zermatt friends (we're planning non-skiing activities). Conditions on Sunegga were really good except for the crowds.

3. Re: Current conditions in zermatt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 18, 2009