We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Champoussin, Royal Alpage Club, ski holiday with my family

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Champoussin, Royal Alpage Club, ski holiday with my family

Hi everybody,

I'm considering the possibility to spend one week in Champoussin, at the Royal Alpage CLub (RCI exchange) with my family (me, my wife and 2 kids of 3 and 5 years) during mid-January.

My wife and my 5-year old are low-intermediate skiers, (they both began to sky last year) while my daughter would start this time (if she feels like it, otherwise we will wait).

I would really appreciate the opinion of fellow travelers and skiers regarding Champoussin and the Royal Alpage Club, and in particular:

- How are usually the snow conditions there (especially in January)? Is the village at a snow-safe altitude?

- Is the Royal Alpage Club a good place for families?

- Any other advice?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help!!

Giovanni

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,129 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Champoussin, Royal Alpage Club, ski holiday with my family

Take a look at reviews of this RCI property on Trip Advisor. Their properties are generally OK for families.

If your wife and 5yr old started skiing last year and presumably had a week of lessons I would guess they are middle to advanced beginners and not low intermediate by Swiss standards. I think a 3 yr old might be a little young for ski school. Maybe see if there is a "Garderie de Neige" or Kids Club that she could go to?

Champoussin is a very small village in the Val d'Illiez. The ski pistes interconnect with those of the "Portes du Soleil". The access into and out of the village is by road only - you have to take a bus to Val D'illiez (which is a village as well as being the name of the area) and the buses are not all that frequent and the last one goes at 1815. So if you need more mobility than that it is a good idea to have a rental car. Champoussin is reasonably high - 1600m - and if the snow is good in January it will be good there...

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Champoussin, Royal Alpage Club, ski holiday with my family

Thank you so much for the post extremely useful!! I had a look at the reviews of the RCI place but they were a bit mixed, and this prompted me to come to the forum.

We actually live in Germany and we will be reaching the place by car, so in terms of mobility there should not be (major) problems.

Last year we went at Villars again in an RCI place and we had a very nice time; if the place is in any terms similar to Villars then this would already make us quite happy.

Many thanks again and ahve a nice day, your help in this forum is really priceless!!

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,129 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Champoussin, Royal Alpage Club, ski holiday with my family

Champoussin is not at all like Villars. But it has character and I am sure you will enjoy it. It is very very small compared to Villars. Good that you have a car.

4. Re: Champoussin, Royal Alpage Club, ski holiday with my family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 08, 2014