We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to ascona

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
taxi to ascona

Would it be practical to take a taxi to Ascona from Bellinzona (and what is the approx. time and cost) or is a train to Locarno then taxi to Ascona a better alternative? Thank you.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi to ascona

Hi soxfan,

As you know, taxis in Switzerland are pretty pricey! When I had to use a taxi from Zürich to the airport, it was 50 chf, and that was about 10 years ago.

According to google maps, the distance from Bellinzona to Ascona is a bit farther than the trip from Zürich to the airport, so I would budget about 100 chf for the trip, to include luggage and tip.

The distance from Locarno to Ascona is just 2.4 km and takes about five minutes, according to google maps. If you did this by taxi, I would guess it would be around 30 chf.

According to the SBB, you can get to Ascona from Bellinzona by taking the train to Locarno and then a ferry or a bus to Ascona -- is there some reason you don't want to do this?

Good luck as you plan it out!

s

rhode island
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi to ascona

Hi Swanday, there are 4 of us with luggage and the train fare is 23sfr one way so I wondered about the taxi. Sounds like it is about the same price all in so rail it is. Thanks for your reply.

3. Re: taxi to ascona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, February 03, 2016