We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellinzona, Lugano, Como

Which Bellinzona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, RI
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bellinzona, Lugano, Como

We will be visiting Switzerland mid-April, staying with friends so our base is Zurich. We would like to travel to the Bellinzona, Lugano and possibly Como, Italy. I see that if I get on the right train from Zurich, I can get to Lugano in about 2 1/2 hours. I see that Bellinzona is a wonderful village, and Lugano also has many things to see/do. I am looking for suggestions and also recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel for an overnight. Would it be less expensive to stay in Italy? It is possible to also

see Como, Italy in this short time frame?

Thank you in advance for all of your suggestions!

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,669 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellinzona, Lugano, Como

Most people prefer to stay in Lugano, as it is located beside by the lake. The main attractions in the town of Bellinzona are the castles. If you particularly wanted to visit Bellinzona then you could stop off on the way to Lugano leaving your luggage at the station.

Take a look at these two links for accommodation and ideas on what to do while you are there.

www.bellinzonaturismo.ch/en/city.aspx

luganoturismo.ch/en/…tourist-information.aspx

You do not say what you consider to be 'a reasonably priced hotel' but you should be able to see from the above sites what fits your budget.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g188095-c150415/Lug…

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellinzona, Lugano, Como

So we have finalized some plans and I just have a couple more questions. We will be leaving Zurich traveling to Lugano then onto Como and staying at a B&B in Bellagio. We will stop at Bellinzona either on the way to Como or on the return trip. Could someone please let me know if there is a place to leave your luggage both in Bellinzona and Lugano? Also, is the train from Lugano to Como and then bus to Bellagio the quickest way to get there? I've heard about a bus, but some say the ride could be frighful!

Thank you as always!

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,669 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellinzona, Lugano, Como

>Could someone please let me know if there is a place to leave your luggage both in Bellinzona and Lugano?

Yes. See below. Click on 'Equipment' for details of lockers.

sbb.ch/content/…

sbb.ch/en/…bahnhof-finden.posid.5300.html

>I've heard about a bus, but some say the ride could be frighful!

There is a bus from Lugano to Menaggio from where I understand it is possible to catch a ferry to Bellagio.

www.asfautolinee.it/LinkClick.aspx…

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellinzona, Lugano, Como

Thank you very much for the great info. I guess I never realized that I should

look under equipment! We are looking forward to our trip in April. Very, very helpful, thanks again!!

5. Re: Bellinzona, Lugano, Como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, February 03, 2016