We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellinzona at night

Which Bellinzona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NDQ
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Topic
Bellinzona at night

Our train is stopping in Bellinzona at 00:10(midnight) and we will be there for 3 hours. Is there

anyway we can get to one of the castles and walk around the outside? (I'm assuming the inside will be closed up!) Can we walk to the elevator..and is the elevator running at this hr.?

Thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellinzona at night

Hi NDQ,

I looked on the website www.bellinzonaturismo.ch and it looks to me like the elevator stops at 10pm year round.

Not sure how late they keep the lights on. I was there for a day trip last September so did not see them illuminated. Looks pretty from the website pictures though.

It's a shame you will not be there during the day. Bellinzona is a much nicer town than I had expected!

Have fun on your trip.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellinzona at night

Sorry NDQ but I gave you the wrong information regarding the closing times for the castles. I read the info to fast. They are open until 10pm on Tuesday only. The other days they close between 5-7pm.

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellinzona at night

What train are you on that arrives at 00.10?

If it is an overnight I would be wary of wondering too far as these trains run to a 'flexible' timetable.

4. Re: Bellinzona at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 19, 2009