We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

Dear All/Engadiner

We are a couple i.e 2 people coming to St. Moritz on 8th June at 7pm. We are travelling by GE. We will leave to Zurich on 9th morning at 9 am. Please suggest us a budget stay, with private shower(mandatory) around 120 CHF. I can travel to nearby places for a budget accommodation as I have a pass for those two days. Also let me know if something can be seen in the little time we have.

Thanks

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

Book your accomodation on the official tourism organization website www.engadin.stmoritz.ch - there are literally all the options available there. There is a "mountain cablecars included" special with two nights which helps you save Money even if you have a pass, as the mountain cablecars will be what you want to do and they are not included in your pass. Have a look at …stmoritz.ch/sommer/en/bergbahnen-inclusive/ - you can book directly on the site of this special, and also inexpensive accomodations offer it.

For acitivities for the two days, have a look at the Engadin St. Moritz Forum, there are a lot of answers already there or tell more about your special interests, so that we can better make suggestions.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

Thanks for the info, Engadiner...

I have very less time in St.Moritz say 3-4 hours in the late evening as I am coming by GE and leaving to Zurich next morning to meet a friend. I have checked the site for stays but they are bit expensive. I am looking for some not-so-famous but decent places to sleep for one night. Site seeing is not mandatory if I have to travel far but I don't want to miss great Engadin locations just because of the time factor. Cable cars, I may not use any. Can you please suggest me somethings to do with the limited time i have in my hand.

Regards

Praveen

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

Well, your 3-4 hours in the evening in this case will be after your Arrival on the GE. Calculate as an hour for transfer and check-in to your accomodation, one or two hours for dinner and there is 0 (Zero) hours left - I wonder what you are looking for to do in this no-time-at-all. If you travel further to your so-called "not-so-famous place", you spend even more time in commuting, so it's almost guaranteed you will "miss great Engadin kocations just because of the time factor". So, you probably can determine yourself that it is not easy to suggest you anything to do as this will be during night-time anyway and then it's still shoulder-season, so not even bars and night-clubs are an option.

I would suggest, with the limited time you have, you overnight somewhere on the way, say perhaps Chur, and plan on visiting the Engadin once you will really have time to experience this wonderful area, breath in the fresh mountain air without a rush and enjoy it as it merits to be enjoyed.

If you mean CHF 120.00 per person, you may well find accomodation, if this should be for t he two of you, I doubt you will have much choice with a private shower anyway. So get realistic here!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

Hello Engadine

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, you are correct, pragmatically I cant do anything in St.Moritz :( But this trip would be a booster for me to spend some quality time in Engadiner whenever I can, next time. I will ensure to have more time in hand in my next visit...

Thanks again for all the information. Have a nice Sunday :)

Best Regards

PRaveen

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

There's a youth hostel right on Pontresina station - or another in St Moritz, double room with shower 70chf each http://www.youthhostel.ch/en

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

Hi Skitandoori

Thanks for the information and the urls. I am looking at Youthhostels and Campsites for the stay. Hopeful to decide one by EOD today :)

Warm Regards

Praveen

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

The Youth hostel in Pontresina is with shared facilities, the one in St. Moritz is as mentioned 70.00 each, so 140.00. Campsites, as you may imagine, have no private shower and as you mentioned this is mandatory for you.

8. Re: Budget stay in/near St.Moritz with private Shower for 2 ppl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 05, 2014