We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Easter Sunday in St Moritz

Singapore
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Easter Sunday in St Moritz

Hi all,

We are going to spend Easter Sunday at St Moritz. What kind of festivity mood are we expecting and is there any celebration or event we are able to join in?

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Easter Sunday in St Moritz

A festive mood not likely, there are perhaps special dinners in some of the hotels, but St. Moritz during this time of year is more geared towards sports, skiing etc. so people go up to ski as early as possible to find good snow conditions, then they linger in the sun to get some tan (as you ski with helmets and sunglasses nowadays, you dont get a tan while skiing, so you have to take care of this at the afterski bars).

You may find an Easter celebration during the mess in the churches however.

Your best bet would be to joing the crowds on the sunny terrace of the Hotel Hauser in the afternoon, with music and fun people - but it is perhaps not what you are looking for, it's more a party mood than festive, but anyway, it's fun and as those are the last skiing days and the pists are still perfect (with fresh snowfall those last days), there will be a lot of people.

Singapore
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Easter Sunday in St Moritz

Thanks Engadiner for the info. It would be nice to join in the fun and experience the local culture for the first time!

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Easter Sunday in St Moritz

Well, local culture? I think you would have to stay longer and get a feeling for the area. This is more a party culture, but not bad at all. Just for fun! There however IS culture, e.g. there are museums etc. But they will most probably be closed on Easter Sunday. And then you should stroll through the small villages with the very special architecture and interior - a part of local culture as well. And then there is ethnic food, also making part of it.

Singapore
Level Contributor
190 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Easter Sunday in St Moritz

I wish I can stay longer too! But I have an itinerary to keep to. Speaking of local food, any recommendation? So far I hear of waffles being everywhere. Of course, I would like to try out more :)

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending Easter Sunday in St Moritz

Waffles? This is Belgian as far as I now. Certainly not the Engadin St. Moritz area and I dont know where you could have them here other than a window-counter from a bakery shop in the pedestrian zone of St. Moritz during season.

Read more about Engadin lifestyle and culture here: …stmoritz.ch/sommer/… and about the local food in particular here: …stmoritz.ch/sommer/… Tell me what appeals most to you and I could probably suggest where to eat it.

The local Gastro Guide http://www.gastro-engadin.ch/ (only available in German however) - you can download it to your mobile - offers a list of restaurants serving local specialitiers on this page: http://www.gastro-engadin.ch/index.php?id=179

6. Re: Spending Easter Sunday in St Moritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 22, 2014