We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion to St Moritz on Nov 24 , Train schedule not match

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
453 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Excursion to St Moritz on Nov 24 , Train schedule not match

Dear All

I am trying to arrange an excursion to St Moritz on Nov 24 from Milan. I have read several others posting and found out that I can take Bernina Express from Tirano.

However when I checked the Rhb and Trenitalia website, I found quite impossible to match the connection schedule

ie. first train out of Milano Centrale to Tirano is on 06.20 and arrive in Tirano on 08.50 while the Bernina Express is departing on the same time 08.50 from Tirano.

On the return trip, if I take BE, it will depart St Moritz on 14.45 at arrive Tirano on 17.12 and must connect with Trenitalia on 1910 train at Tirano

On the way up, I prefer to take BE to enjoy the scenic route while on return trip, any fastest route will be acceptable,

Is there any better way to arrange it?

Any suggestion welcome.

canada
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursion to St Moritz on Nov 24 , Train schedule not match

Take the next train.

e.g. leaving Tirano at 09:40 for St Moritz, while return on train departing a hour earlier at 13:45. See timetable at www.sbb.ch.

2. Re: Excursion to St Moritz on Nov 24 , Train schedule not match

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 02, 2013