We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Moritz Visit Report

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
598 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St Moritz Visit Report

We took Glacier Express from Zermatt to St Moritz and stayed at Hauser Hotel for 3 nights. We bought the first class fare with lunch on the train. The scenery along the trip were really unforgettable.

Although the fare is higher than a normal train but I can say it is worth to try at least once a life.

The hotel supply half board meal in 3 courses with a reasonable price with choices. Value for money. Also the hotel give us a free ticket to go up to Mt Diavolezza and all bus route traveling around the area.

The Mt Diavolezza was scenery with snow surroundings. Of course, a good trip by cable car to the top was a good experience too.

Although we were reached in lower season and most of the shops were closed. However, we took 3 different bus route with enjoyable trips. so that the full 2 days stay were fun enough.

However, we were a bit disappointed because the Horse-Carriage was stop operation due to lower season.

Overall speaking, St Moritz is a must go place.

Thank you for advises made by the forum and we really had fun.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,052 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Moritz Visit Report

Thank you for reporting back, this sure helps others decide. I am glad you enjoyed my beautiful home area as well as the Glacier Express, which I really consider a worthy experience. For the horse-carriages, you could have called them to book a private tour, but then the prize of course is higher than for the collective one. But with not many tourists in off-season, they are not running the "omnibus", just to go forth and back with the horses with a mostly empty coach. But off-season has other advantages, you can take everything in a relaxed peace, no waiting time and no crowds and good prizes for accomodation.

2. Re: St Moritz Visit Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 pm, June 20, 2013