We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

davos or st moritz

São Paulo, São...
Level Contributor
1 post
265 reviews
Save Topic
davos or st moritz

I am planning to go to Switzerland in October and take the Glacier Express. After that, I want to go to Innsbruck. In this case, which one is a better choice to close the train route on Glacier: Davos or St Moritz? Thanks.

Canton of Schwyz...
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
16,749 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: davos or st moritz

Hi Regina F

I would go with St. Moritz and you absolutely should stay a few days in the area - www.engadin.stmoritz.ch -. It is one of the most beautiful areas of this wonderfull world.

pore

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: davos or st moritz

Neither, stay in the Albula valley roughly midway between both destinations. The Glacier Express stops in both Filisur and Berguen.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: davos or st moritz

From St. Moritz you would have the possibility to travel along the river Inn from nearby his origin all the way to Innsbruck. It takes a bit longer and involves some changes, but you avoid backtracking and it's a very scenic journey. Enter Malles at the via section on www.sbb.ch

4. Re: davos or st moritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, June 20, 2013