We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Church Services

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Church Services

Hi, I have been trying to research church services for St Moritz, but have not been able to find anything. Could someone please tell me where I can find the details. I'm a protestant, but happy with any service. Staying in Laudinella, St Moritz Bad. Thank you.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Church Services

You find all the information here, but unfortunately only in German: gemeinde-stmoritz.ch/leben/kirche-und-sozial…

There are each three protestant and catholic churches in St. Moritz.

Your hotel is situated in the part of St. Moritz Bad (Bad = spa, that was the original reason tourists came to St. Moritz for), the lower part, Dorf is the upper part. Each part has a protestant church, an additional one is very idyllically situted in the woods, but services there are in summer only, as there is no heating as far as I know.

The services on christmas are as follows:

Dec. 24, 2011, 17:00, Vesper service with live music (Bad)

Dec. 24, 2011, 22:00, Holy night service (Dorf) followed by tea

Dec. 25, 2011, 10:00, Christmas service with the Lord's Supper (Dorf), followed by coffee and cakes

Enjoy your holidays!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Church Services

Thank you so much for your help. All that information is what I need. Thanks for explaining the Bad bit, was wondering what it meant. Looking forward to our time in St Moritz.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Church Services

Forgot to ask you, do you know if the Hotel Europa still does Christmas in the Forest? Have looked at their website and it doesn't mention it. If they do what time should we get there? Do we need to book? Have read your helpful instructions on how to get there. Thanks again. Happy christmas !

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,048 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Church Services

Yes, for English speaking people the denomination St. Moritz Bad is not very positiv, so I always explain explicitely so that people dont think they will spend their holidays in a bad place - LOL

The Christmas in the Forest is mentioned only on the German sites.

The link is here: hotel-europa.ch/cms/de/pauschalen/winter-pau…

A short translation for you:

December 24, Christmas Eve

18.00 h, meeting in front of the hotel for the Christmas in the forest. Our traditional Christmas celebration for many years has been one of the highlights of the holiday-season. Our path leads from the hotel through the snowcovered wintery forest to a small clearing. With candles, torches, tea, Christmas cookies and Christmas carrols we experience Christmas Eve in the tranquil beauty of the Engadin. Walking time from the hotel twice 20 minutes.

Followed by a capital candlelight dinner in our restaurant.

As there is a new management, I called them to ask if they still welcome out-house guests for the Christmas in the forest and they still do so. It's complimentary and you may just join them. If you would like to have dinner after that, you would have to book ahead at least the same morning to let them know that you are coming.

In case you go with small children, pack them in warm clothes or covers on a toboggan and take them along, they will enjoy it double. Most sports shops rent toboggans. Next to your hotel is Boom Sport with a rental section.

5. Re: Christmas Church Services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, December 16, 2012