We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

end of march skiing

bucharest
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
end of march skiing

I would like to go skiing at the end of march,and I was wondering if the snow is still ok .Also I choose Carlton hotel but I could not find out if it's close to the cablecars.If not could anyone recommend a hotel within walking distance to cablecars?

thx

Mentioned in this post
Carlton Hotel St. Moritz
Carlton Hotel St. Moritz
252 Reviews
St. Moritz, Switzerland
New York City
Level Contributor
32 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: end of march skiing

We are having quite a lot of snow at the moment so skiing at the end of March should still be good. The Kempinski Grand hotel is very convenient to the Signal cable car and pretty much any hotel in St Moritz dorf is close to the funicular. I must say that the St Moritz ski area is pretty spread out so it would not be my recommendation if convenience is important to you.

Mentioned in this post
St. Moritz
St. Moritz
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
Germany
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: end of march skiing

The Carlton is probably the only hotel which is not in walking distance to the cable cars (Corviglia funicular actually). But I am quite sure they provide a shuttle service.

I suggest you have a look into the 4star hotel Monopol. Of the 5stars, the Palace is the closest to the funicular.

Please consider that the Corviglia skiing area is only one of the options ... there is also the Corvatsch/Furtschellas region and the Diavolezza/Lagalb. End of March I would prefer Corvatsch for skiing - better snow quality. Buses run from St. Moritz to all the skiing areas frequently.

Mentioned in this post
Carlton Hotel St. Moritz
Carlton Hotel St. Moritz
252 Reviews
St. Moritz, Switzerland
Diavolezza
Diavolezza
465 Reviews
St. Moritz, Switzerland
St. Moritz
St. Moritz
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: end of march skiing

Very warm and sunny Sat/Sun 26th & 2th March with sun forecast for next few days.

Conditions very slushy on lower slopes with many bare patches. Bring some sun cream cos the sun is very strong!