We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Moritz Two Days 2nd to 4th May 2011 What to expect?

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
St Moritz Two Days 2nd to 4th May 2011 What to expect?

Hi,

I will be travelling with my partner from Zermatt on the Glacier Express to St Moritz and on to Milan via the Bernina Pass and intend to stay in St.Moritz from the 2nd to 4th May (2 nights). Is this worth doing or would it be better to stay an extra day in Zermatt and then spend only one night in St Moritz. All i seem to read about St. Moritz at this time of year is that most of the places are closed, very few of the hotels are open etc.

Also re places to stay are any recommended? Those which are reasonably priced (90 Ch to 150 Ch) and open do appear to be booked out already

Any advice would be much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,212 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Moritz Two Days 2nd to 4th May 2011 What to expect?

Hi chuckleburger and wellcome on the forum

Oh, the St. Moritz area - http://www.engadin.stmoritz.ch/sommer/en/ - is beautiful and always worth a visit and so is Zermatt - www.zermatt.ch -. Personally I prefer to be at St. Moritz or in one of the surrounding villages. I think two nights is wven not enough fo both places. I hope you will come back and enjoy these areas more.

That some hotels are already booked out shows you hw much it is worth to go. You also should look at Pontresina, Sils, Samedan etc.

pore

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Moritz Two Days 2nd to 4th May 2011 What to expect?

It's a quiet time in May, but there is always something to do. The Diavolezza mountain cable cars are open and would be a perfect mountain excursion. Zermatt and St. Moritz both are off-season, to one day longer in Zermatt does not bring more, while in the Engadin St. Moritz area you have a completely different scenery, so dividing your time between the two places absolutley makes sense. The shopping street with the boutiques will be mostly closed, as this year there are long needed big reconstruction going on until beginning of July, so if you want to stay in St. Moritz, Bad is a better option at the moment. Or choose any of the other villages

As for you hotel, I dont think that the hotels are booked out already. Did you check the online booking platform on www.engadin.stmoritz.ch, I get a rather good choice with your dates. Is your budget of 90.00 for one or two persons? Have a good look at the prizes, as some rooms are indicated per person and some per room and try to find a hotel with "mountain cable-car included" or even the whole public traffic included with two nights stay, especially if you intend to visit Diavolezza. And bring a strong sun protection factor cream, as you easily burn at this altitude now with the strong sun and still snow around.

Enjoy your excursion, it's just perfect now with the awakening nature after winter, with the first flowers coming out as soon as the snow melts.

3. Re: St Moritz Two Days 2nd to 4th May 2011 What to expect?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 29, 2012