We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Ski Lessons in St Moritz

amsterdam
2 posts
Save Topic
Private Ski Lessons in St Moritz

Does anyone have a recommendation for a ski school in St. Moritz? I am a beginner and would like some private instruction. I see there are several posted on a website, but I am hoping someone will have a recommendation on who to use. Also how many hours would a beginner need?

Mentioned in this post
St. Moritz
St. Moritz
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,188 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Ski Lessons in St Moritz

Hi, you don't say your age, fitness level, or whether you are a "natural" athlete and these all matter when thinking about how many lessons it might take. My son at age 5 needed about an hour and he was off and never looked back - or wouldn't have if we hadn't made him take some further instruction when he started doing tricks and other things that frighten parents! If you are pretty fit, in your 20s or early 30s and a fairly natural athlete, you will probably want to do no more than five half days of lessons so you can practice in the afternoon what you learned in the morning. After 5 days you wil probably be able to ski at least the easier intermediate runs if not more difficult pistes. Your progress will be slower if you are less fit, older, less athletic, etc. Private lessons are by the half day or whole day and you can plan on spending at least 225 Swiss francs for a half day lesson. It is often better (and a lot less expensive) to take group lessons for learning and private lessons to improve your skills when you are more advanced.

Hope this helps.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,634 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Ski Lessons in St Moritz

There are even 13 skischools

…stmoritz.ch/winter/…

seven of them approved ones. I would suggest you take one closer to where you stay, but generally all of them meet at the valley station of the cablecar or on the mountain. If you stay in one of the 5-star hotels, your ski teacher will come to take you there (and carries you skies). Skischule St. Moritz and Engadin Snow and Fun Celerina are the biggest ones, have a look at their websites.

Mentioned in this post
St. Moritz
St. Moritz
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
3. Re: Private Ski Lessons in St Moritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, October 20, 2009