We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for ski rentals?

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for ski rentals?

Hi,

It's our first time to St. Moritz. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best place for ski rentals?

Any other helpful tips are appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Talk2Elle

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for ski rentals?

The ski rental places are pretty much one big cartel so the prices and service will be pretty much the same. Just rent wherever it is more convenient to your hotel or the lifts.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for ski rentals?

Depending on which mountain you go, you may choose the one next to it and so don't have to carry your skis around. There is even a rental on top of Corviglia. If you are staying in one of the big hotels, the rental is in the hotel itself and the shuttlebus will bring you to the valley station of the cable car with your skies. Most of the shops in St. Moritz are by Skiservice Corvatsch with I think 5 rental places. See www.swissrentasport.ch for prizes and offers.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for ski rentals?

Thanks Altamiro and Hedy. Your advice is much appreciated.

A follow-up question. We don't have any of our ski gear with us including ski goggles.

Does everyone wear ski goggles or do some people wear just sunglasses? In the States you can rent goggles from the same place you rent skis? Is that true at rental shops in St. Moritz?

Also I rather not buy another pair of ski gloves. We are skiing in 3 weeks time (at the end of January). Will my hands freeze in regular winter insulated gloves?

I don't want to be unprepared but I also am unfamiliar with the ski conditions in the Swiss Alps.

Thanks for any advice.

Best,

Talk2Elle

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for ski rentals?

In normal conditions, most people ski with sunglasses, you need goggles when it is haevily overcast. There is just one shop renting everythink also gloves, goggles, ski dress, winter shoes etc. in St. Moritz. It's Corviglia Sport on main street. The others rent skies, skishoes and sticks.

5. Re: Best place for ski rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 10, 2009