We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and New Year, Celerina or Zuoz?

Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas and New Year, Celerina or Zuoz?

We are planning to spend a family holiday over X-Mas and New Year at Chesa Rosatsch. Do you have any comments about the hotel? Also, would you have a recommendation whether we should rather go to the pictureque village of Zuoz? We are skiing beginners (one non-skier)and would prefer a location which gives us a good variety of things to do - not only skiing.

Germany
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas and New Year, Celerina or Zuoz?

Definitely Celerina. It is also a beautiful village, not as much as Zuoz, that I admit, but still ... and the hotel Chesa Rosatsch is located in the old section of the village next to the small river. Very nice.

In Celerina you'll be close to all the activities. Zuoz is much quieter. Btw, the skiing area of Zuoz is quite small and most runs are surprisingly challenging. Only one would qualify for beginners - you're much better off in Celerina/Marguns-Corviglia.

The hotel you chose is excellent. You'll have a blast.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,193 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas and New Year, Celerina or Zuoz?

Hi Petersburg,

Right, I agree with eagle above -- I think Zuoz will be too small for your taste. I spent a week in Zuoz one time (with friends), but we spent most days out on excursions. The village only has a few more hotels and restaurants, not much else.

Have fun!

s

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas and New Year, Celerina or Zuoz?

You can stay in Celerina and plan a day sightseeing in Zuoz, perhaps combined with a cross country ski tour. There are good train and bus connections between the villages. I would also suggest you do an excursion to the villages in the lake district like Sils or Maloja while you will be here.

Hotel Rosatsch is a very good hotel and is renowned for it's cuisine.

4. Re: Christmas and New Year, Celerina or Zuoz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 01, 2009