We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in St Moritz?

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming in St Moritz?

We're staying in St Moritz Bad for 1 night in August, after a day ion the Glacier Express. The children were really looking forward to swimming the next morning as out hotel is opposite the swimming pool.

Unfortunately, found out today the pool is currently closed and being refurbished :-(

Are there any other pools in the nearby area we can get to? Or other good stuff for teh kids to do for the morning.

Thanks,

Lucy

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming in St Moritz?

Try to find out if not in August its reopend.on www.stmoritz.ch ,there is a link to send email.I think they also would give you informations if there are Hotels who open there pools for public.Good luck! mum47

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming in St Moritz?

Thanks mum47. I already e-mailed them and they said it wiill be closed until next year :-(

Good idea about asking for any hotels who open for public swimming - I'll do that :-)

Thanks,

WBC

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming in St Moritz?

The indoor pool is closed for another year, however there is a very nice facility in Pontresina, reopened after renovation. You can take a bus to go there. There are also several hotels with swimming pool. I do not know which hotel you have booked, probably is has it's own indoor swimming. Another very good option in August would be one of the mountain lakes (not the bigger lakes as the Lake of st. Moritz). You reach Lej Marsch from St. Moritz Bad where you most probably are staying in ca. 15-20 minutes walk. There are also picnic facilities there.

Mentioned in this post
Pontresina
Pontresina
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming in St Moritz?

hedy - thanks for your advice. Our hotel doesn't have a swimming pool itself, but Pontresina sounds good, not sure if I'm brave enough for a dip in a lake!!

WBC

Mentioned in this post
Pontresina
Pontresina
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,320 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming in St Moritz?

>not sure if I'm brave enough for a dip in a lake!!

At about 5°C water temperature you should be really brave :-)

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming in St Moritz?

The small mountain lakes are warm in August and this is a really nice experience - it however sometimes gets crowded during the day, as this is highseason.

7. Re: Swimming in St Moritz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 30, 2009