We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Dorf or the Bad for Single Female Skier?

New York
Level Contributor
110 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
The Dorf or the Bad for Single Female Skier?

Hi all. I've read everything I can get my hands on but I can't figure out how exactly you get to the ski lifts from somewhere in the Dorf or the Bad. I'm trying to determine where to stay and my primary concern (aside from not spending too much $$) is to be reasonably close to a shuttle or bud or funicular or whatever means people use to get to the slopes. I'm inclined to stay in the Bad to conserve money but not if it is annoyingly far from whatever gets you to the slopes. So, if anyone can tell me...

1) Are there shuttles/buses in the Bad/Dorf that take skiers regularly to the slopes?

2) Can you rent skis easily in the Bad?

3) As a solo traveler will I be bored in the evenings in the Bad?

4) Do Bed and Breakfasts or private rooms exist in St Moritz? I've stayed in these all over Germany and much prefer them to hotels or hostels.

5) Is the St Moritz Bad hostel so far away from the slopes and nightlife that it isn't worth staying there?

Many thanks to all!!

Mentioned in this post
St. Moritz
St. Moritz
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
Germany
Germany
Europe
Bed and breakfasts in St. Moritz
Chesa Spuondas
Chesa Spuondas
#1 of 8 B&Bs / Inns in St. Moritz
Hotel Cervus
Hotel Cervus
#2 of 8 B&Bs / Inns in St. Moritz
Hotel Restorant Lej da Staz
Hotel Restorant Lej da Staz
#3 of 8 B&Bs / Inns in St. Moritz
St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,634 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Dorf or the Bad for Single Female Skier?

Re advertisment Switzerland tourism: the environment is authentic - the shots have been taken in St. Moritz

Mentioned in this post
St. Moritz
St. Moritz
Engadin St. Moritz, Switzerland
12. Re: The Dorf or the Bad for Single Female Skier?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, September 17, 2009