We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

BH
4 posts
Save Topic
Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

Hi folks, i need your help here.

I'm having trouble finding out whats the best way to go to st moritz from paris. I was thinking about buyng one of those select eurail passes(i'll use it further) but than i couldn't exactly find out if that pass we'll get me to st moritz, more especificaly, if there are any trains that get to st moritz directly.

Please note that i need to travel in te very begginig of febuary, and that stoping anywhere between milano and st moritz would be a nice deal for me.

Thanks in advance,

Luciana

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

It would help us to give you the best advice if you would give us your complete itinerary. There are so many different passes and tickets that the best one depends very much on the itinerary and the length of the trip.

You can find all the train schedules for Paris to St. Moritz in English at

www.sbb.ch/en

Just reply to this post with further information and we will do our best to help you.

BH
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

Thanks already.

I acctually only need transportation from barcelona to paris on the 4th of january (with a little flexibility);

and than from paris to st moritz (or anywhere in between st moritz and milano) especificaly on febuary the 2nd.

Traveling by plane is not a problem, but flying low fares seems, at fiirst glance,dificult because i'll have plenty of luggagge (around 30 kilos) and a pair of skis.

Thanks again,

Luciana

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,813 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

>I acctually only need transportation from barcelona to paris on the 4th of january (with a little flexibility);

If you want to avoid the luggage constraints you can take the night train from Barcelona to Paris:

www.elipsos.com

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

Hi, Preta, you probably do not want a rail pass but instead point-to-point tickets. You need to compare the price of point-to-point tickets and then the price of a pass. One option you may wish to explore is a country pass for France and then pay the ticket from Barcelona to the border and from the border to St. Moritz. This requires that you sit down and research the various possibilities. I agree with altamiro that you should consider the overnight train to Paris - it saves a hotel night!

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

There are no direct trains from Paris to St Moritz,

because the railway on the last part of the journey from Chur is narrow gauge a smaller distance between the rails of that of European standard gauge. However if travelling on a Saturday during the winter there is a direct Paris to Chur TGV service departing Gare L'Est at 08.24 arriving Chur at 14.25.

www.rail.ch

BH
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

Thanks guys, but i think i'm going to take a plane.

You see, i can't be late. Does anyone, by any chance knows if Milano is, in fact, the nearest airport??

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,838 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

Milan and Zurich are nearly the same distance, but you don't have a train from Milan, whereas from Zurich you have a very good connection. In Milan you would have to rent a car and drive up to St. Moritz. In summer calculate 3 hours from Milano Malpensa (more if you drive in rush hours), in winter it depends heavily on road conditions, as you have to drive up the Maloja pass. Be sure you have a car with winter equipment and check if the roads are open when you drive. The Maloja or also parts of the road between Maloja and St. Moritz are sometimes closed with heavy snowfall due to danger of avalanches.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,838 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris to Saint Moritz -Urgent

If you calculate the time for the transfer from Paris to Charles-de-Gaulle and for check-in in Paris, which seems not to be hassle-free, and the waiting time (and the chance for a union strik), I would opt for the new TGV-connection (starting last Saturday, for the season only so far)

Get answers to your questions about St. Moritz