We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glacier express, St. Moritz and Zermatt

Which St. Moritz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
glacier express, St. Moritz and Zermatt

I am in Switzerland between Dec 13th till the 21st. I want to try and hit up as many ski resorts as possible in that time.

I would like to stopby St. Moritz for a two days. Can anyone recommend hotels that are close to lift access and not too far from the glacier express train station.

I would like to take a early morning train to Zermatt after two days if possible.

Also: what is the current snow conditions in St. Moritz and Zermatt?

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: glacier express, St. Moritz and Zermatt

Hi Snow Surfer, in St. Moritz-Dorf (upper part), most hotels are centrally located, thus a few steps to the mountain cable car taking you up to Corviglia-Marguns and also to the bus taking you to the other skiing areas (overview see www.bergbahnenengadin.ch). The hotels in St. Moritz-Bad (lower part) are close to the Signal Gondola, taking you to the same area. Signal sometimes has more waiting time when the nearby Club Med is concentrating there. Also in St. Moritz-Bad, there are several bus stops.

The train station, where the Bernina Express and all other trains leave, is 10 minutes walking, many hotels however offer a shuttle service or you could take the local bus. There is a walkway with a very long electric stair (serving as a "design gallery" at the same time) through the very attractive and new parking garage, taking you from the train station to the Palace Hotel, thus the center.

There are 2 hotels near the train station, Hotel Margna (with complimentary shuttle to the Cablecar) and the basic hotel Bellaval.

If you tell me more about the hotel category you are looking for, I could recommend better.

Current snow conditions are good. The mountain opened for the season two weeks earlier this year, as we had an early snow. The runs are beeing prepared with man made snow and are groomed daily. We expect all the runs to be open as from December 1.

As for the snow conditions in Zermatt, please ask in the Zermatt forum.

2. Re: glacier express, St. Moritz and Zermatt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 14, 2009