We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Express

Glacier Express

1 Which city to stay if I want to go and return in one day because I do not want to stay at St.Moritz.

2.I have Swiss travel pass and I know 7 hours for Glacier Express is along time if I want to go from Chur to St. Moritz (Can I reserve ticket)

3.I want to know return from St.Moritz to city I must to stay (Interlaken or Luzern or....) I want return to city I must stay before 5 PM.Because I go with my parent (82 yrs. and 80yrs.) My trip in october.

Plan Trip for 5 night in Swiss (Zurich ,Luzern, Interlaken and last night in Zurich)

Thank you so much for reply and advice my plan trip.

3 replies to this topic
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
47,759 posts
211 reviews
341 helpful votes
1. Re: Glacier Express

1. Glacier Express runs from Zermatt via Brig, Andermatt and Chur to St Moritz. You can take it for the whole thing or for one or more sectors. you cannot take it from Luzern or Interlaken. And going to Chur to catch it from Luzern will take 2hrs 20. then going back to Luzern from Brig will take 2hours. Just not practical. if you want to take it then change your itinerary so you can fit it in.

2. Swiss Travel Pass covers the ticket on the GEX 100%. You must have a seat reservation in addition and depending on the time of year this will cost 23frs to 46frs and more per seat. Get them 90 days out on www.glacierexpress.ch Do NOT leave this to the last minute in summer as they sell out.

3. Unless you go from Brig to Chur getting anywhere else in the country before 1700 same day is not possible. Maybe just forget the Glacier Express.

Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
33 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Glacier Express

In addition - when exactly are you traveling?

Glacier Express runs only till October 13, 2019.

See https:/… last line "There will be no Glacier Express trains running between 14.10. to 14.12.2019"

3. Re: Glacier Express

Thank you so much

Reply to: Glacier Express
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted